SNAP benefits are restored, and the program is funded through next year. But the Trump administration is now looking to “completely deconstruct the program,” its top USDA official said. Agriculture ...
The government said it would send the aid after a court ruled last week that it must preserve the program known as SNAP during the shutdown. By Tony Romm Reporting from Washington The Trump ...
Anti-hunger groups and state officials have warned that the administration’s plans to make partial payments are onerous and could still result in severe harm. By Tony Romm Reporting from Washington ...
A federal judge temporarily blocked the enforcement of a Department of Agriculture memo that had directed states to "immediately undo" steps to issue full November SNAP benefits. The Saturday memo ...
Why are we asking for donations? Why are we asking for donations? This site is free thanks to our community of supporters. Voluntary donations from readers like you keep our news accessible for ...
Millions of SNAP recipients are about to face new limitations on what they can use the federal assistance program to buy, including bans on soda, energy drinks and candy, according to the U.S.
President Trump signed a bill that made his 2019 tax cuts permanent and cut SNAP funding by an estimated $186 billion through 2034. The new law makes it more difficult to qualify for SNAP benefits by ...